The past couple weekends have seen us travelling to Northern Kentucky for Kayla's first birthday party and then the Wilderness Resort in Wisconsin Dells for a mini-vacation with Brooke's side of the family tree.
Kentucky trip - we started the trip off friday with the LBR Reds outting. You can tell from the pictures below that I believe Brent and I consumed approximately 20-30% of the available 124 drink tickets. I was surprised to learn during the music of the fireworks show that Brent and I have identical dance moves. I couldn't believe that I had the responsibility of getting KJ across the Ohio river bridge coming back from the game to the car... We also learned that Kayla is a freebird and likes to roam diaper free given the chance. Got some good video that will definitely be used at her highschool graduation party:) I am definitely going to be that uncle that she hates but Barry will give me competition for sure.
get this thing off of me....
Dells trip - we had a 3 bedroom presidential suite on the Wyndam resorts side of the Glacier Canyon Ridge Resort. Talk about posh. We felt like royalty. And the resort has it all including 3 indoor and 3 outdoor water parks, 2 huge arcades, 2 9 hole glow in the dark mini golf courses, lasertag arena and numerous restaurants. The competive side in me definitely came out as I celebrated in my annilation of Jack, our 9 year-old nephew, in both lasertag and waterslide races, even though I had about a 150lb advantage on the slides. One of my dells requirements was of course the obligatory trip to Paul Bunyan's for family style chicken and ribs. It was a hit even though Jack said it stunk because they didn't have cheeseburgers. His line was "would you eat crap if that is what they served you?". He couldn't get over the fact that it was family style and you can't order off a menu. Kristi shares Jack's opinion. Kennedy enjoyed the ducks tour once we got in the water but didn't like the street ride with all of the wind and in the end was more interested in her snacks and napping than nature. It is becoming readily apparent to both Brooke and I that we may be crazy as vacation with one kid is a challenge so two will be downright stressful.
mucho suntan lotion in her hair-
View off our 3rd story balcony -

Kennedy liked to go on the balcony and look at the baby ducks in the pond below us-
Kennedy liked to go on the balcony and look at the baby ducks in the pond below us-
as soon as we arrived we hopped in one of the indoor/outdoor hotsprings pool -
I didn't realize the door stops would have to hold 20 lbs of pull but so far they are doing the trick still -
3 comments:
identical dance moves *snort* - you guys crack me up - I can picture the two of you....
How did I not realize before that you and Brooke are split Sox/Cubs fans in the exact opposite as Aaron & Kelli?
Looks like you all had fun, glad to hear.
I love the sunblock mohawk! How was your Fathers Day? I hope you were able to relax after the action packed weekends you had! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment