Sunday, October 11, 2009

Busy Busy Busy

Fall holds a special place in the Johnson household. We can't wait each year for the pumpkin patches and gourds and ... This weekend we checked out Settler's Pond in Beecher, http://www.settlerspondshelter.net/home.shtml, where the owner's run a hoofed animal shelter. Due to 4 inches of rain this week the corn maze and pumpkin patch were closed but we still got to interact with lots of cool animals close up including donkeys, mules, turkeys, zebras, kangaroos, goats, pot belly pigs, cows... They did have a cool and lengthy hay bale maze that Kennedy was proud to lead us through.

Last week Brooke had National Sales training in North Carolina starting on Wednesday ending with a company picnic on Saturday. KJ and I sattled up on Friday morning and headed to O'hare to meet up with momma. I was lucky and/or smart enough to freak out on Thursday night and picked up a GoGo Babz for the car seat. It was priceless at O'hare as I had the good fortune of having my name on the terror watch list. For those not fortunate enough to get to experience this it goes as follows - get to airport 2 hours early, get directed to self checkin, stand in line for 15 minutes, go to check in and get message to see attendant, try again, and again..., stand waiting for "help", "help" is a crabby lady pointing people to a very long line to see an attendant, stand in line for an hour, give my license to an attendant who calls the secret bat phone and reads my license and magically I am okay to get a ticket, rush to security screening, rush to flight... KJ was a trooper and sat quite calmly in her car seat and the gogo was priceless as holding a kid and a carseat in that process would have been a nightmare. When I went to gatecheck the car seat they let me know there were empty seats and I got to take Kennedy on the plane in her car seat. After a calm 1 1/2 hour flight KJ decided to fall asleep during the decent and I managed to get her off the plane and through the airport napping. Then we were off on our 2 hour drive to Asheville to meet up with momma. I only wish the flight back went as smoothly.

Moo
KJ in a stare down with a kangaroo -
Petting a goat -
What next dad look on her face with those baby blues -
Donkeys -

Intensely checking out something -
At the NC Arboretum. They have a sweet $1.0M bonsai collection. One guess who is now wanting to start a bonsai hobby?
Just arrived in NC -
New use for the Halloween candy bucket (notice the book is upside down:)
Got new windows 3 weeks ago as well -
New setup -

New sliding glass door in process-
Old setup -


3 comments:

JJT77 said...

Sorry to hear about your friend Patrick, he is in my thoughts.

Ryan since when do you look like a terrorist, what are you hiding in Kennedy's diaper? Don't take it personal, my brother in law went to Egypt and Turkey and never shaved so you can bet they stopped him when he came home!!!

I have to start my Christmas shopping list, now with 3 nieces it should be interesting. Kennedy gave me some good ideas!

Love you guys,

Jessica

CLAREW said...

You are brave to go to the airport by yourself - but who am I kidding? You have an angel child, Im sure that story with Andrew would go MUCH different!

Jilli said...

SO CUTE!!!! Left you a little award on Mia's site!