Sunday, February 8, 2009

Happy Six Months Baby Girl

Friday Kennedy turned 6 months old. Her daily development at this point is striking and the things that she is doing now that she wasn't when we left 2 weeks ago for California is both striking and amazing. She has finally mastered sitting up without having to worry about her taking a nose-dive into the carpet at any moment, she can mimic the knocking sound with her mouth that we have been doing with her since she was born, she is very grabby and interacting with anything and everything she can get her hands on... Her personality is blossoming and she clearly lets us know when we aren't paying enough attention to her or she doesn't like the toy she has, or the food she has... This morning I was feeding her a bottle while she was sitting in her play gym and put the bottle down to let the dogs out and returned 30 seconds later to her sucking on the bottle trying to get milk to flow vertically with no success.

Now that we have been on rice cereal for a month we have moved on to integrating homemade vegetables. Sweet Potatoes were a hit earlier this week but 2 tries at carrots have failed miserably. It is amazing how well Kennedy can block access to her mouth if she doesn't want whatever we are trying to give her. She is very interested when Brooke and I drink from our sweet Camelbak water bottles so we have been introducing applejuice and baby water via a sippy couple with great success.

Yesterday we headed for the doctor for her 6 month checkup and 4 shots. She came in at 17lbs even and 28". She screamed like holy hell during the shots though I think Brooke was much more sqwemish and nervous than Kennedy. I took her for the 3 months shots by myself and probably should for the 9 month appointment as well. Brooke thinks this is one situation where my lack of any compassion may actually be somewhat beneficial:)

Finally I wanted to point out for the first and likely only time in my life I left Vegas up a whopping $80. We had a plane change from LA in Vegas and had about 40 minutes in the airport before boarding for Chicago and sat down at a wheel of fortune machine and got to spin about a half dozen times and was quickly up $150 bucks. So I think the key is I can't leave the airport if I don't want to lose money in Vegas.

All pooped out after a trip to the Living Desert Zoo in Palm Springs -

The zoo was built into the native landscape-

Lunching w/daddy while mom worked at the tradeshow-

Our hotel-

Playing w/sippy cup this morning-


Oops-

2 comments:

Kate said...

Wow, 6 months already?! How does that happen? I love the bottle story. Looks like you guys had a good time in Cali.

JJT77 said...

Holy Schnikes she's 6 months already and so cute... Hope Palm Springs was nice, the weather looked good.