Sunday, May 11, 2008

JH Quote and Crib Drama

I think a good product would be "Baby Duck Hat". It's a fake baby duck, which you strap on top of your head. Then you go swimming underwater until you find a mommy duck and her babies, and you join them. Then, all of a sudden, you stand up out of the water and roar like Godzilla. Man, those ducks really take off! Also, Baby Duck Hat is good for parties. - JH

So why is it that at this point we have spent more time and energy trying to pick a crib than when we bought our last car and probably our house? We still don't have a clue what to get or how much we need to spend to avoid a cardboard box. Most of the stuff out there wouldn't be able to last through multiple kids.



So two weeks later and the only progress is getting the cardbox crib out and returned and a curtain rod installed. 12 weeks and counting until it will need to be functional...

4 comments:

Aubrey said...

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/babies-kids/baby-toddler/nursery-furniture/cribs/cribs-1105/overview/index.htm

I wish I could figure out how to put in an active link in comments. That's when blogger seems unfriendly. But this is a good place to start I think. I also know NOT to buy unless the website has customer ratings and never buy if the item has less then a handfull of ratings. Also make sure to be considerate enough to rate the crap you just got. I hope you can enjoy some of this shopping though!!

Em said...

Aubrey, to put an active link in your comment, do this (basic HTML mark-up):

re-name URL path or the name of site here

It should look like this:

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/babies-kids/baby-toddler/nursery-furniture/cribs/cribs-1105/overview/index.htm

Em said...

Ha! So that didn't work, because the first part was also recognized as a hyperlink. The second link is what it should look like if you do the following correctly. I'll just link to a site that shows you what the HTML markup looks like. :)

http://www.robertniles.com/html/

Florence Y'all said...

I'll sell the shoes for $5 a pair! With a purchase I'll even consider giving you a pair of shoes to match the clown outfit. The yellow slippers with animals or maybe the red slippers. Put those pics on your blog and the Ringling Bros. will be calling!