Thursday, May 29, 2008

Ryan the Wrecker

Hello Blogosphere. Thought I had bored of posting? Nope I just had the genius idea on Tuesday night of taking the tile out of the entryway. I said self "it should take a couple hours to get the tile out and then I can get the cement board down another night and be ready to tile this weekend." Little did I know that 3 hours in and 2 blisters later on Tuesday I would have oh about 10 of the 90 tiles out. Wednesday night I smartened up and got a cold chisel and gloves from HD after googling "removing tiles". Another 70 gone and I'm in the home stretch. Oh yeah, but the jackass previous owner's who put the tile down put it on top of another layer of baby tiles so I have another 500 tiles to remove. So now 3 nights and 10 hours in and I only have about 40 more baby tiles to go before I can start with the cement board and mortar and tiles and grout and all that fun stuff.

I love home ownership. Not. Who am I kidding. I wish I was broke in college enjoying Natural Light Ice where my biggest worry was which bar we were going to for night.




Happy Friday and happy tiling.


If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet you could shoot beer out of you nose. - JH.

1 comment:

CLAREW said...

Geez, you are just going from one project to the next. Make sure you take some time before Kennedy's here to relax just the 2 of you. Are you all finished with the nursery? Can't wait to see it in person :)